This Keto Sour Cream Smothered Chicken is quick and easy, but tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. It is sure to become a family favorite.
I am always trying to think of new ways to dress up chicken. What better way to dress it up than smothering it with all my favorite things?? This makes for great leftovers. Enjoy!
In addition to this smothered chicken recipe, check out some of my other favorite low carb chicken recipes:
- Lemon Sherry Chicken
- Dill Chicken Salad
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
- Peanut Chicken Skillet
- 30 Low Carb Ways to Jazz Up Borning Chicken
Sour Cream Smothered Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (4 total)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan, over medium heat. Once the pan is heated, add the onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until the mushrooms and onions are nice and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the remaining butter and olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear the chicken breasts until they are cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides.
- While the chicken is searing, add the chicken stock and sour cream to the onion and mushroom mixture. Mix in and bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Then, reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, plate it and top with sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Calories: 459
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Protein: 16g