This turned out to be the most delicious combination. I realize that many of you do not eat sweet potatoes as they have a higher carb count. Below the recipe, I have included the nutritional info for the entire recipe as well as just for the sloppy joe mixture. Enjoy!
In addition to these low carb sloppy Joe stuffed sweet potatoes, Check out some of my other favorite low carb sweet potato recipes:
- Reuben Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Russian Dressing
- Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
- Loaded Sweet Potato Bites
- Spicy Sausage, Sweet Potato Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Puree
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (I use this brand of spices)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 green onion, sliced, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, make the sloppy Joe mixture: Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until the onion and celery are soft and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a heatproof spatula, and cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Run a fork over top of each sweet potato like a rake to loosen the potato. Top with sloppy joe mixture, and garnish with green onions.
- Category: entrees
- Serving Size: 1 sweet potato half with 1/4 of the sloppy Joe mixture
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 18 net grams
- Protein: 47g
Keywords: low carb sloppy joes, keto sloppy Joe recipe, gluten free recipes, low carb recipes, keto dinner recipes
What's Popular on the Blog This Week:
Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls - Low Carb, Gluten Free
Herb Buttered Whole Chicken Stuffed with Sauerkraut
Low Carb Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach
Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins - Low Carb, Gluten Free
Asian Tuna Cakes - Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30
Keto Pizza Bagels
Keto Barbecue Dry Rub Ribs
One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
Keto Whole Roasted Cajun Chicken
Ham and Gruyere Cauliflower Waffles