In addition to these low carb sloppy Joe stuffed sweet potatoes, Check out some of my other favorite low carb sweet potato recipes:
Low Carb Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup ketchup (I use this brand) code PEACE for 10% off
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos for Whole30
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (I use this brand of spices)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 green onion, sliced, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, make the sloppy Joe mixture: Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until the onion and celery are soft and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a heatproof spatula, and cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Run a fork over top of each sweet potato like a rake to loosen the potato. Top with sloppy joe mixture, and garnish with green onions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: entrees
- Serving Size: 1 sweet potato half with ¼ of the sloppy Joe mixture
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 18 net grams
- Protein: 47g
Keywords: low carb sloppy joes, keto sloppy Joe recipe, gluten free recipes, low carb recipes, keto dinner recipes
This is an amazing recipe. On regular rotation here now. Thanks!
Sarah Parsons says
This has found it's way into regular dinner rotation at our house. It even makes the best leftovers for lunch the next day. I always make a little extra and bake extra sweet potatoes, just for that reason. After the potatoes have cooled, just peel the skin away and put the "meat" of the sweet potato in a dish, cover with sloppy joe mix and toss in the fridge. At lunchtime, throw it all in the microwave and heat it up, then mix it all together. It's absolutely the craziest flavor combination, and I never would have thought of it myself, but it's SO GOOD!
I tried these and they are sooooo good!!
Hillary Miller says
Wow, I can't help drooling. I just love the Low Carb Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
If you submitted your Low Carb Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes photos to http://www.foodporn.net , I'll bet they will make you on the home page.
Gosh, you have made me sooo hungry !