- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup (I use this brand) code PEACE for 10% off
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos for Whole30
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (I use this brand of spices)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 green onion, sliced, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, make the sloppy Joe mixture: Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until the onion and celery are soft and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a heatproof spatula, and cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Run a fork over top of each sweet potato like a rake to loosen the potato. Top with sloppy joe mixture, and garnish with green onions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: entrees
- Serving Size: 1 sweet potato half with 1/4 of the sloppy Joe mixture
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 18 net grams
- Protein: 47g
Keywords: low carb sloppy joes, keto sloppy Joe recipe, gluten free recipes, low carb recipes, keto dinner recipes