Garlic Butter Steak Bites - Ready and on the table in under 30 minutes. This steak bite recipe is juicy, tender, and incredibly flavorful.
How to make steak bites
Making this keto steak bite recipe honestly couldn't be any easier: it's just a matter of tossing a handful of ingredients in a bowl, mixing, marinating, and then searing in a ripping hot pan. Since they are bitesized pieces, they cook in less than 5 minutes. Of course, you can always bake them in the oven, cook them in an air fryer, or even throw them on the grill. If grilling, I would recommend cooking them in a grill pan, or putting down a grill mat so that the meat doesn't fall through the grates.
Converting this recipe for a smoker
If you have a pellet smoker like a Traeger or a RecTec (the RT700 my personal favorite), this is an awesome recipe to smoke. It's really simple too: just heat your smoker to 225°F. You can put the steak bites directly on the grill grates, on a grill mat, or on a sheet pan. Personally, I like to cook these garlic butter steak bites on a sheet pan because then they can sit in their own juices; it makes them so flavorful and tender. Cook them for about an hour and a half or until the internal temperature reaches about 135°F. If your smoker does not come with an attached thermometer, I recommend picking up a high quality meat thermometer.
Substitutions and Recipe Notes
- BUTTER: These herbed garlic steak bites are very rich and buttery. If you cannot have dairy, you can make these with olive oil, butter flavored coconut oil, or the fat of your choice. You may not want to use as much oil as you would butter. Enough to coat the meat and cook it through would suffice.
- SALT: If you are using unsalted butter, you will want to increase the amount of salt in the seasoning blend. If you are using gluten free soy sauce in place of coconut aminos, as well as salted butter, you may want to omit the additional salt altogether.
- GARLIC: If you do not have fresh garlic, use extra garlic powder.
- COOKING: Cook in batches if you do not have a big enough pan. You want them to sear, not steam as they cook.
Best cuts of meat for this recipe
While I chose to use beef tenderloin for this recipe, (I had a 3 pound tenderloin from my Butcher Box) there are several other cuts of meat you can use to make these Garlic Butter Steak Bites. Here are some of my favorites:
- New York
Side dish recipes that pair well with these steak bites:
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Cauliflower Mash with Keto Gravy
- Cheesy Garlic Creamy Spinach
- Paprika Roasted Radishes with Onions
- Lemon Pepper Green Beans
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage
- Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Roasted Mushrooms Zucchini and Eggplant
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Wedges
- Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower