Garlic Butter Steak Bites - Ready and on the table in under 30 minutes. This steak bite recipe is juicy, tender, and incredibly flavorful.
How to make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Making this keto steak bite recipe honestly couldn't be any easier: it's just a matter of tossing a handful of ingredients in a bowl, mixing, marinating, and then searing in a ripping hot pan. Since they are bitesized pieces, they cook in less than 5 minutes. Of course, you can always bake them in the oven, cook them in an air fryer, or even throw them on the grill. If grilling, I would recommend cooking them in a grill pan, or putting down a grill mat so that the meat doesn't fall through the grates.
How to make Garlic Butter Steak Bites on a Smoker
If you have a pellet smoker like a Traeger or a RecTec (the RT700 my personal favorite), this is an awesome recipe to smoke. It's really simple too: just heat your smoker to 225°F. You can put the steak bites directly on the grill grates, on a grill mat, or on a sheet pan. Personally, I like to cook these garlic butter steak bites on a sheet pan because then they can sit in their own juices; it makes them so flavorful and tender. Cook them for about an hour and a half or until the internal temperature reaches about 135°F. If your smoker does not come with an attached thermometer, I recommend picking up a high quality meat thermometer.
Substitutions and Recipe Notes
- BUTTER: These herbed garlic steak bites are very rich and buttery. If you cannot have dairy, you can make these with olive oil, butter flavored coconut oil, or the fat of your choice. You may not want to use as much oil as you would butter. Enough to coat the meat and cook it through would suffice.
- SALT: If you are using unsalted butter, you will want to increase the amount of salt in the seasoning blend. If you are using gluten free soy sauce in place of coconut aminos, as well as salted butter, you may want to omit the additional salt altogether.
- GARLIC: If you do not have fresh garlic, use extra garlic powder.
- COOKING: Cook in batches if you do not have a big enough pan. You want them to sear, not steam as they cook.
Best cuts of meat for this recipe
While I chose to use beef tenderloin for this recipe, (I had a 3 pound tenderloin from my Butcher Box) there are several other cuts of meat you can use to make these Garlic Butter Steak Bites. Here are some of my favorites:
- New York
More Keto Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Sign up for our newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
The best steak bite recipe around. You know why? Because everything is better with garlic and butter. Then when you throw fresh herbs in the mix, they are just elevated to the next level flavor wise.
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces (I get my meat here)
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, extra for garnish (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (or ¾ teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (this is the only brand I use)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code peaceloveandlowcarb for 10% off
- 1 stick salted butter (8 tablespoons) or Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for dairy free (see notes above)
- Add all ingredients (except olive oil and butter) to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Make sure that all pieces of the meat are evenly coated in the coconut aminos and spices. If time allows, refrigerate for 2 hours, up to 24 hours. This allows the flavors to really come together and soak into the meat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak bites to the pan and sear on all sides. If you do not have a large enough pan, you may need to do this in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan (see tips in post).
- Once the steak bites are nice and seared, and have formed a slight crust, add the butter to the pan. Toss the steak bites in the butter as it melts.
- Garnish with reserved parsley before serving.
net carbs per serving: 3.4g
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Pan-Seared
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 570
- Fat: 45.8
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 34.1g
Keywords: steak bite recipe, beef recipes, paleo recipes, keto recipes, whole30 recipes, beef tenderloin, keto steak recipes
I made these today for Father's Day. I made them in my cast iron skillet on our Traeger Grill. They were delicious. Hubby loved them. No pic because I forgot! We had then with green bean casserole. Yum!
This is one of the best recipes I've ever tried! So rich and flavorful! Thank you!