The best steak bite recipe around. You know why? Because everything is better with garlic and butter. Then when you throw fresh herbs in the mix, they are just elevated to the next level flavor wise.
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces (I get my meat here)
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, extra for garnish (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (this is the only brand I use)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code peaceloveandlowcarb for 10% off
- 1 stick salted butter (8 tablespoons) or Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for dairy free (see notes above)
- Add all ingredients (except olive oil and butter) to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Make sure that all pieces of the meat are evenly coated in the coconut aminos and spices. If time allows, refrigerate for 2 hours, up to 24 hours. This allows the flavors to really come together and soak into the meat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak bites to the pan and sear on all sides. If you do not have a large enough pan, you may need to do this in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan (see tips in post).
- Once the steak bites are nice and seared, and have formed a slight crust, add the butter to the pan. Toss the steak bites in the butter as it melts.
- Garnish with reserved parsley before serving.
net carbs per serving: 3.4g
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Pan-Seared
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 570
- Fat: 45.8
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 34.1g
Keywords: steak bite recipe, beef recipes, paleo recipes, keto recipes, whole30 recipes, beef tenderloin, keto steak recipes