- medium head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- avocado oil, for frying
- Remove the leaves and trim the stem of the cauliflower. Slice it into 4 even steaks, slicing from the top, down through the core.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place each slice of cauliflower into the boiling water for about 3 minutes each, until just tender. Remove from the water, dry with a paper towel, and set aside.
- Fork whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a second shallow bowl.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each slice of cauliflower into the egg wash and then press each side into the breading mixture.
- Fry each slice for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing or Dairy Free Ranch Dressing.
net carbs per serving: 3.5g
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 21.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 13g