This is the Keto Everything Bun recipe from my book Dairy Free Keto Cooking. We use this base keto bread recipe for everything - from keto hamburger buns, to sandwich and sub rolls, to low carb hot dog buns, avocado toast and even keto croutons. It is incredibly versatile and satisfies even the toughest of bread cravings.
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- Put an oven rack in the lower third position. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and salt until there are no visible clumps.
- Add the egg whites and vinegar to the bowl and, using a rubber spatula, mix while slowly pouring in the hot water. Continue to mix just until the ingredients are well combined; be careful not to overmix the dough.
- Moisten your hands and divide the dough into 4 equal parts, then shape them into hamburger-sized buns. Put the buns on the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the bagel seasoning over the tops of the buns.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the buns have doubled in size, are crisp on top, and make a hollow sound when you thump them. Allow to cool before slicing.
- net carbs per serving: 5.1g
- Storage: I recommend wrapping this keto bread recipe in paper towels and then in foil and storing them on the counter.
- Freezing: I like to make a double or triple batch and freeze them for later. When I am ready to use them, I set them out on the counter to thaw.
- Make ahead: To make this recipe even easier, I like to pre-mix several batches of the dry ingredients and store them in my pantry in air-tight containers.
- Seasonings: In place of the everything bagel seasoning, these are also delicious with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or even plain.
- Psyllium Husk Powder: Some brands of psyllium husks will turn these rolls purple. To avoid this, I recommend using the brand Now Foods.
- Category: Keto Bread Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bun
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 17.7g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9g
- Fiber: 13.8g
- Protein: 13.6g
Keywords: keto bread recipes, low carb bread, keto hamburger buns, low carb dinner rolls, keto sub rolls, keto croutons, keto avocado toast, gluten free bread recipes, low carb sandwich rounds, low carb breakfast sandwich