This simple Steamed Artichokes Recipe is the perfect side dish to pair with just about any protein. They are tender and meaty and whether you serve them with aioli, melted butter, or mayo, they are sure to become a family favorite.
- Heat the chicken stock in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Cut away 1/2 to 1 inch from the top of each artichoke. Remove any dead or brown outer leaves. Cut off the stems close to the base so that that artichokes will stand upright.
- Place the trimmed artichokes in the pot, sprinkle with the onion flakes and sea salt, cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the artichokes are tender and the leaves are easily plucked.
- Serve with Lemon Caper Aioli for dipping.
- Net carbs per serving: 7g
- Storage: These steamed artichokes are really best when eaten right after cooking. But if you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating them in the microwave just long enough to heat them through. You don't want them to continue cooking and become mushy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Steaming
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: How do you cook artichokes?, How do you make steamed artichokes?, How do you eat artichokes?, steamed artichoke recipe, paleo artichoke recipes, low carb artichoke recipes, gluten free artichoke recipes