- 4 pound whole chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Tony Chachere’s Creole Style Butter Injectable Marinade
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 1 batch Cajun Cauliflower Rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Add the chicken stock to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Gently loosen the skin covering the breasts of the chicken, lifting it away from the breast, creating a pocket between the breast and the skin.
- Pack half of the seasoning between the skin and the breasts, distributing it evenly. Rub the other half of the seasoning all over the top of the chicken.
- Use the provided syringe to inject the marinade into the breasts, thighs, and wings of the chicken.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes. Take the chicken out of the oven, baste the juices over the top of it and return it to the oven. Roast for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
- Roast until it is cooked all the way through, with a meat thermometer reaching 165°F, and the skin is nice and crispy.
Total Carbs Per Serving: Less than 1
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: main dishes
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: cajun