This recipe yields 8 fairly large, entrée-sized patties. If you make smaller patties, you could easily get 16 out of this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed bell pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (get my homemade recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked clean of shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Keto Yum Yum Sauce, optional for serving
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. In the pan, heat the butter, then add the celery, bell pepper, shallot, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are translucent and soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, spicy brown mustard and hot sauce. Add the sautéed vegetables and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and pork rinds. Fold the crab into the mixture.
- Line a large plate or rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the crab mixture into 8 equal-size patties. Place the patties on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pan-fry in olive oil, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until the crab cakes are golden brown and crispy on each side. Be careful not to flip them too many times or they will fall apart.
- Serving Size: 2 Crab Cakes
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 35g