This Bacon Cheeseburger Salad has all the delicious flavors of a juicy burger, but in a low carb salad version - Perfectly seasoned ground beef, smoky bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, tomatoes, onions, and pickles, drizzled with a delicious homemade
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I get my grass-fed beef here)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
- 1 tomato, cored and diced or 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 batch “Not So Secret” Burger sauce (get the recipe here)
- Add the ground beef, garlic, dried minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break up the meat and cook it until it is browned and cooked all the way through. Drain excess grease.
- Divide the romaine lettuce evenly among four bowls.
- Divide the remaining ingredients among all 4 bowls, arranging each one on top of the lettuce.
- Serve with burger sauce.
- Storage: This is best when eat ingredient is packed separately. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I like to reheat the ground beef in the microwave, or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Make it vegetarian: For a vegetarian version, you can use a meatless burger patty or meatless crumbles in place of the ground beef, and omit the bacon.
- Swap the protein: This is also delicious with ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground bison.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger bowl
Keywords: bacon cheeseburger salad, bacon cheeseburger bowl, keto cheeseburger salad, low carb burger salad, Big Mac salad