This Keto Waffle Omelet recipe is a delicious way to switch up your breakfast routine. They are light, fluffy and loaded with flavor. Made with ham, sausage, bacon, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and then topped with a rich homemade cheese sauce. Best of all, they can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 ounces cooked ground breakfast sausage
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 4 slices ham or Canadian bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated.
- 1 batch Keto Cheese Sauce
- Preheat the waffle maker. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic, white parts of the green onions, salt, and pepper and sauté until the vegetable are tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and the heavy cream.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cooked sausage, bacon, ham, veggies, and the green portions of the green onions. Set aside some of this mixture to garnish the top of the waffles with. Mix the rest in with the eggs.
- Lightly grease the waffle maker and ladle some of the omelet mixture into the waffle iron. (The amount will vary depending on the size of your waffle maker. Cook until the eggs are fully set, about 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat this process with the remaining omelet mixture.
- Place two waffles on each plate, top with cheese sauce and garnish with the retained meat and veggie mixture and green onions.
- Net carbs per serving: 5g
- Reheating: I recommend reheating these keto waffle omelets in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop. To bring the cheese sauce back to life, you may need to add a little cream.
- Make it dairy free: To make these dairy free keto omelets, simply swap out the heavy cream in the egg mixture for full fat coconut milk or almond milk and omit the cheese sauce. These swaps will also make it paleo and whole30 compliant, so long as you are using compliant ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 waffle omelets
- Calories: 625
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 43g
Keywords: keto waffles, low carb waffles, waffle omelet recipe, how do you make a waffle omelette, keto omelets, low carb omelet recipes, keto breakfast recipes, low carb breakfast recipes, whole30 breakfast recipes