These Sour Cream and Chive Egg Clouds are a delicious spin on your boring morning egg routine. They are light and fluffy, with the delicious flavors of sour cream, sharp white cheddar, and fresh chives. Serve them up with some crispy bacon, homemade breakfast sausage, or even all on their own. They only have 5 main ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chives, chopped - divided
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs, pouring the whites into a large mixing bowl, and the yolks into individual ramekins.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the egg whites until they are fluffy and stiff peaks have started to form.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and half of the chives.
- Spoon mixture into 8 separate mounds on the prepared baking sheet. Make a well in the center of each cloud. Gently pour a yolk into each well.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until the clouds are golden brown on top and the yolks are set.
- Place a small amount of butter on top of each yolk. Top with remaining chives.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Change up the cheese: Mix and match any of your favorite cheeses in this recipe. Just make sure to gently fold it in to avoid deflating the eggs.
- Add fresh herbs: This is delicious with additional chopped fresh herbs like dill and parsley mixed in.
- Add some bacon: Fold in some crispy chopped bacon into the egg whites.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Egg Clouds
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: keto breakfast recipes, egg cloud recipes, creative egg recipes, low carb egg recipes, gluten free breakfast recipes, kid friendly keto recipes