These quick and easy keto Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a delicious spin on traditional fajitas. The perfectly spiced chicken thighs are crispy on the outside, while tender and juicy on the inside. Cooked with a medley of sliced peppers and onions. This dish can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 medium red bell pepper,
- seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning or Taco Seasoning
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 pounds) (I get my organic, free range chicken here)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving (optional)
- Handful of torn fresh cilantro, or 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Put the bell peppers, onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the fajita seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Toss the vegetables until they are evenly coated. Lay the vegetables in a thin layer across a rimmed baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with the remaining seasoning. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until the skin is crispy and golden brown. (The chicken will not be fully cooked at this point.)
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the sheet pan with the vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the vegetables are tender. If desired, serve with lime wedges and garnish with cilantro or sliced green onions.
- Net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating in a skillet on the stove top, or in an air-fryer so that you can get the chicken nice and crispy again.
- Chicken: You can also use boneless chicken thighs, chicken breasts, or even shredded rotisserie chicken. You will just need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sheet Pan Meals
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 chicken thighs and 1/4 of the veggies
- Calories: 489
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 54g
Keywords: keto sheet pan meals, low carb sheet pan meals, paleo sheet pan meals, whole30 sheet pan meals, sheet pan chicken recipes, sheet pan chicken fajitas, keto fajitas, low carb fajita, keto chicken fajitas