The perfect blend of sweet, sour, and salty. I love to put these onions on everything from my morning eggs, to my lunch time salad, to the top of my steak for dinner.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons granular sweetener (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (I use these organic seasonings)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, erythritol, and salt. Bring to a light boil, stirring until the erythritol and salt are dissolved.
- Put the onions, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes into a 32 ounce mason jar.
- Pour the liquid over top, submerging the onions and mixing in the oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Let the jar sit on the counter for 1 hour, cap and then refrigerate. (I've switched to these caps)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. You can eat them after 2 hours, but they just get better and better the longer they are in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Condiment Recipes
- Method: Marinating
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 to 6 slices
- Calories: 10
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: low carb pickled red onions, homemade pickled red onions, keto pickled red onions, homemade condiment recipes