This quick and easy Keto Peppermint Bark recipe calls for only 5 ingredients and is the perfect festive holiday treat. Layers of creamy white chocolate with peppermint and rich dark chocolate, topped with crushed peppermint candies. (low carb, gluten free, sugar-free)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar free dark chocolate chips (I use this brand)
- 1 cup sugar-free white chocolate pieces or chips (I use this brand)
- 4 teaspoons butter flavored coconut oil or coconut oil, divided (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup crushed sugar-free candies or candy canes
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of the butter flavored coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20 second increments, until melted enough to stir. Stir until smooth. Alternatively, you can do this in a double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish in an even layer across the bottom. Place it in the fridge for 15 minutes to let the chocolate start to set.
- Place the white chocolate and the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter flavored coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20 second increments, until melted enough to stir. Stir until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Remove the dark chocolate from the fridge and pour the melted white chocolate in an even layer over top. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and return to the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes.
- One both layers have hardened, cut or break the bark into pieces.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Setting up: Do not let the dark chocolate later harden too much in the fridge. If it is completely hardened when you pour the white chocolate layer over top, the layers might separate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Melting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto chocolate bark, keto peppermint bark, low carb chocolate bark, low carb peppermint bark, keto Christmas dessert recipes,