- 1 ½ pounds flank steak
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup golden monk fruit sweetener (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons glucomannan powder or xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Cutting against the grain, slice steak into thin strips, then into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red pepper flakes, fish sauce, minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and monk fruit sweetener. To a large mixing bowl, add sliced steak and, using tongs, rotate steak strips until all meat is coated in marinade. Cover the bowl and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once the steak has finished marinating, heat the avocado oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak, marinade, and grated ginger to the pan. Cook the steak until browned, flipping as needed. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove.
- Using a spoon, spoon out ½ cup of the sauce from the pan and transfer to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the glucomannan powder on top of the sauce and whisk ingredients together until the sauce thickens. Pour the thickened sauce back into pan. Serve beef in bowls on its own or atop cauliflower rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
Storage: Store beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days. Alternatively, for freezing, store beef in an airtight container in the freezer and consume within 2 months. To re-heat, thaw beef in the refrigerator and, once thawed, heat in a pan over medium heat until warmed throughout.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g net
- Protein: 37g