Traditional Golden Milk recipes do not have espresso. I am just a big fan of coffee, so I decided to take a tradition turmeric tea (Golden Milk) and turn it into a frothy, and delicious latte. But the espresso is completely optional. This drink is amazing with or without it. I have provided instructions for how to make it with or without.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (I use So Delicious)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (I use this brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I use this brand)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 shots espresso, optional
- 1 teaspoon erythritol, more to taste, optional (I use this brand)
With an espresso machine:
- Add the coconut milk, or almond milk to the milk steaming pitcher. Add the vanilla extract, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, and salt. Stir to mix, and use the steamer wand to heat and froth the milk. This will fully incorporate the spices into the coconut milk.
- Pull 2 shots of espresso from the machine and pour them into a mug. Top with golden milk, and sprinkle cinnamon and turmeric on top. Stir in erythritol, to taste, if using.
A More Traditional Take on Turmeric Tea Golden Milk:
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, salt, and erythritol, if using, to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine all ingredients. Heat until the golden milk is hot, but not boiling.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and turmeric before serving.
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 146mg
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 0.2g