NOTE: What is shown in the photos is a double batch.
for the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups low moisture, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
for the filling:
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (get it here)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar erythritol (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
for the glaze:
making the dough:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the cheese is melted enough to mix together.
- Once the cheeses are melted and combined, mix in the almond flour, egg, erythritol, baking powder and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and have formed a dough.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper and then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
making the filling:
- While the dough is chilling, combine the melted butter and the extracts together in a small bowl.
- Brush the butter mixture over the dough, leaving about a 1 inch gap around the edges of the dough.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar erythritol, cinnamon and pecans over top.
- Using the parchment paper to help roll the dough, carefully roll it tight and cut off and discard the uneven edges.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the dough into 8 even rolls. (It may help to wet the knife to keep the dough from sticking to it as you slice the rolls.)
- Place the rolls snuggly into the baking pan, but not too tight as they need room to expand while cooking.
- Brush with any remaining maple butter and loosely cover the pan with parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean.
making the glaze:
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the glaze. Add the heavy cream, erythritol, vanilla extract, maple extract and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine. You can also whip this with an electric mixer to make it a thicker glaze that you can pipe over top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Once the cinnamon rolls have finished baking, allow them to cool for 5 minutes and then drizzle the glaze over top.
net carbs per serving (1 cinnamon roll): 3.2g
- Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 28.2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 8.7g
Keywords: low carb baking, keto cinnamon rolls, low carb cinnamon rolls, keto fathead recipes, fathead dough, mozzarella dough