This keto Chicken Scallopini with Tomatoes is the perfect quick and easy one pot meal. Thin, tender chicken cutlets, pan-seared to perfection and cooked in a lemon butter, caper sauce, with blistered tomatoes and fresh parsley. It can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken cutlets, or thinly sliced chicken breasts (I get my organic, free-range chicken here)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 mixed color grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and to the same pan, add the butter and the capers. Cook until the capers are hot and sizzling.
- Add the chicken stock and lemon juice to the pan, and using a rubber spatula, scrape up and mix in any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Boil until the sauce has reduced by one third.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes to the pan. Cook until soft and slightly blistered, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over top. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Net carbs per serving: 3g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave, or on the stovetop in a skillet.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Sautéed
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: keto chicken recipes, keto chicken scallopini, low carb one pot meals, paleo skillet meals, low carb chicken recipes, the best keto chicken recipe, best chicken scallopini recipe