for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste (get it here)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (get it here)
- 3 tablespoons granular erythritol (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar (get it here)
for the pad thai
- (2) 8-ounce packages of fettuccine style shirataki noodles (this is the brand I use)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 green onions, sliced – green and white parts separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (get organic, pastured chicken here)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, for garnish
- 1 lime, quartered
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Drain, rinse, and soak the shirataki noodles in fresh water for 20 minutes. Strain them and dry fry them a large skillet, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add half of the sauce to the pan, and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until most of the sauce has cooked into the noodles. Transfer the noodles, and any remaining sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the coconut oil, the white parts of the green onions, and the garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it is browned and cooked through.
- Push the chicken to the sides of the pan and pour the whisked eggs into the center, pushing them around with a rubber spatula to scramble.
- Add the bean sprouts, the noodles, and remaining sauce to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, red pepper flakes and lime, before serving.
net carbs per serving: 7.9g
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 16.9g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 32.5g
Keywords: keto thai food, keto asian food, chicken pad thai recipe, gluten free keto recipes, low carb recipes, keto food blog