This Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowls Recipe is a delicious low carb and gluten free spin on traditional enchiladas. Seasoned chicken, sautéed with enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes and green chiles, then topped with a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Served with garlic lime sour cream, and garnished with fresh pico de gallo, cubed avocado, chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning (get my recipe here)
- 1 cup enchilada sauce, extra for serving
- 1 - 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, juices drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pic de gallo
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat high. Once the pan is hot and the butter is melted, add the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken, evenly coating each piece. Cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the enchilada sauce and diced tomatoes and green chiles to the pan. Stir to combine and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle the cheese over top and heat until melted.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, garlic powder and lime juice together.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly between 4 bowls. To each bowl, drizzle over a little extra enchilada sauce, add a dollop of the sour cream sauce to the center of the bowl and top with pico de gallo, avocado, and cilantro. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Net carbs: 3g per serving.
- Storage: Store leftover Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowls in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I recommend storing the sauce and the garnishes on the side.
- Reheating:Leftovers can be reheating in a pan on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave. Leftovers can be reheating in a pan on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave.
- Add more veggies: I like to load this up with veggies for some extra nutrition value. It is delicious with some sautéed peppers, mushroom, onions, and carrots added.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 675
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: keto enchiladas, keto chicken enchiladas, enchilada bowl recipes, keto chicken enchilada bowls, mexican keto recipes, low carb Mexican food, gluten free enchiladas