Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are the perfect quick and easy weeknight keto meal. Juicy chicken, seared to perfection, stuffed with a mixture of three cheeses, spinach, broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, and garlic, then baked until browned and bubbly. Best of all, it comes together in less than 30 minutes and only dirties one pan.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups riced broccoli
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total) (I get my chicken here)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, the heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring frequently until the sauce is smooth and thick. Reduce the heat to low.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large oven-proof skillet. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the broccoli, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the vegetable mixture in with the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Make slits in the sides of the chicken breasts to create a pocket to stuff the cheese and vegetable mixture into. Stuff the chicken breasts and arrange them in the skillet that you just cooked the vegetables in.
- Pour the remaining cheese and vegetable mixture over top of the chicken breasts and then sprinkle them with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to broil and cook for an addition 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the cheese on top is crispy.
- Net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Storage: Store leftover Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this in the oven or in a skillet on the stovetop for the best flavor.
- Change up the cheese: For the cheesy stuffing, I used cream cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella, but you can use any cheeses you prefer. Come of my other favorites are mascarpone, gruyere, and Parmesan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 605
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 70g
Keywords: the best stuffed chicken recipe, keto stuffed chicken, low carb stuffed chicken, spinach and cheese stuffed chicken, cheesy stuffed chicken, keto chicken recipes, spinach stuffed chicken breasts, spinach cream cheese stuffed chicken