- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups riced broccoli
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total) (I get my chicken here)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, the heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring frequently until the sauce is smooth and thick. Reduce the heat to low.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large oven-proof skillet. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the broccoli, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the vegetable mixture in with the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Make slits in the sides of the chicken breasts to create a pocket to stuff the cheese and vegetable mixture into. Stuff the chicken breasts and arrange them in the skillet that you just cooked the vegetables in.
- Pour the remaining cheese and vegetable mixture over top of the chicken breasts and then sprinkle them with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to broil and cook for an addition 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the cheese on top is crispy.
Net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Calories: 605
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 70g