- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 strip bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the chicken stock and garlic to a large pot. Add the head of cauliflower (whole). And steam the cauliflower, covered, over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and soft enough to mash.
- Drain the chicken stock from pan and let the cauliflower sit in the hot pot for a few minutes to help dry out excess moisture. Mash the cauliflower with the cream cheese and sour cream. Once well mashed, mix in half of the cheese, bacon, and green onions (save the other half for the top). Add add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese and bacon and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with the remaining green onions before serving.
net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 23.6g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 15.3g