The original Loaded Cauliflower Casserole! This recipe combines all delicious flavors of a twice baked potato, but in a keto-friendly version. With tender cauliflower cooked in chicken stock, cheeses, garlic, crispy bacon, sour cream and fresh green onions, this is the ultimate low carb comfort food.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the chicken stock and garlic to a large pot. Add the head of cauliflower (whole). And steam the cauliflower, covered, over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and soft enough to mash.
- Drain the chicken stock from pan and let the cauliflower sit in the hot pot for a few minutes to help dry out excess moisture. Mash the cauliflower with the cream cheese and sour cream. Once well mashed, mix in half of the cheese, bacon, and green onions (save the other half for the top). Add add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese and bacon and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with the remaining green onions before serving.
- net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Cooking tip: After steaming the cauliflower, I like to drain the liquid and put the cauliflower back in the hot pot for a few minutes. This helps draw out excess moisture and keep the casserole from turning to soup.
- Storage: store this cauliflower casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze leftovers for up to 3 months; I recommend portioning the leftovers out before freezing so it's easy to reheat single servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 23.6g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 15.3g
Keywords: keto potato substitutions, keto casserole recipes, loaded cauliflower, low carb side dishes, loaded cauliflower casserole, twice baked cauliflower, keto twice baked potato recipe