These are not the frozen hot pockets of your childhood. These are homemade keto hot pockets are filled with delicious melty cheeses, thinly slices ham, and chives, and then baked to golden brown perfection.
For the dough:
- 3 cups of shredded low moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the filling:
- 8 slices gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 8 ounces sliced ham
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, whisked
For the garnish:
- sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add 2 of the eggs, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball between two sheets of parchment paper until 1/4 inch thin.
- Place one slice of gouda in the center of each round, leaving space around the edges. Sprinkle each pocket with chives.
- Add 1 ounce of ham to each pocket and top with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Whisk the remaining egg to make an egg wash. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash before folding over and pressing to seal. Repeat this process with all 8 ham and cheese pockets.
- Place the ham and cheese pockets on the prepared baking sheet and brush egg wash over top of each one. Sprinkle sesame seeds on each hot pocket, if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
- The key to this keto hot pocket recipe is to have all of your filling ingredients ready to go, that way you can make the fathead dough and assemble your hot pockets quickly, while the dough is still malleable.
- If you have trouble forming the dough into balls, or if it is just too sticky, wet your hands as you work with the dough. If it is still too sticky, add a little additional almond flour.
net carbs per serving: 8g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Kid Friendly Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 hot pocket
- Calories: 581
- Fat: 45.2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 36.2g
Keywords: keto hot pocket, low carb hot pockets, gluten free pizza pockets, keto recipes, low carb recipes, ham and cheese