These coconut flour waffles taste like breakfast and dessert all in one. When I made this keto waffle recipe for the first time, the flavor instantly reminded me of fortune cookies, hence the name. They have just enough sweetness to be delicious on their own but are equally delicious topped with a little bit of sugar-free maple syrup, jam or butter. Although these waffles don’t come with a fortune inside, they will definitely leave you feeling satisfied.
- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese (1/2 cup), softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granular sweetener (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- melted butter or ghee, for the waffle iron
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in a blender. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder and pulse to combine. It may be necessary to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the blender jar and mix in any coconut flour that sticks to the sides.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with butter. Ladle the batter into the center of the waffle iron; the amount will vary depending on the capacity of your waffle iron. Consult the manufacturer’s directions for the recommended amount of batter.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the waffle iron stops steaming. Repeat this process with the remaining batter, regreasing the waffle iron between waffles.
- net carbs per serving: 1.9g
- Make ahead: Make a double or triple batch of these waffles and freeze them for later! I recommend reheating them in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: Belgium
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: keto waffles, low carb waffles, gluten free waffles, paleo waffles, dairy free waffles, fortune cookie waffles, low carb breakfast recipes, keto breakfast recipes