These Keto Fish Taco Bowls from my book 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking are the perfect fresh and light meal. Sweet, flaky cod, seasoned to perfection and piled on top of Cilantro Lime Cauliflower rice, surrounded by fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, cabbage, olives, jalapeños, and garnished with fresh lime wedges. These bowls are a delicious way to enjoy low carb tacos and can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds cod or halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 2 cups Cilantro and Lime Cauliflower Rice (get the recipe here)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Torn fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cut the fish into 4 equal-sized pieces. Place the fish in a shallow baking dish and coat generously with the olive oil and taco seasoning. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the taco bowls.
- Put ½ cup of the cauliflower rice in each of 4 serving bowls. Arrange one-quarter each of the bell pepper, jalapeño, avocado, tomatoes, cabbage, and olives around the outside of each bowl, leaving a space for the fish in the center.
- Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the fish and cook until it is browned and flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side. Taste a small piece of the fish and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place a piece of fish in the center of each of the arranged bowls. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- net carbs per serving: 7g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Rice: If you aren't concerned with keeping these Fish Taco Bowls low carb, you can use steamed white rice in place of the cauliflower rice.
- Change up the protein: If you are not a fan of fish, these paleo taco bowls are also delicious with shrimp, chicken or even beef.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Seafood Recipes
- Method: Pan-frying
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 36g
Keywords: keto tacos, low carb fish tacos, whole30 burrito bowls, low carb burrito bowls, low carb seafood recipes, keto taco recipes, how to cook fish, keto cod recipes, low carb halibut recipes, dairy free keto recipes