This Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam is the perfect way to enjoy fresh, homemade jam without all the extra carbs and sugar. Best of all it takes less than 15 minutes to make and only calls for 4 ingredients.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup granular sweetener (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons lemon or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add the berries, sweetener and lemon juice to a large saucepan over medium heat. As they cook, mash and mix the berries until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the chia seeds. Remove from burner, stirring occasionally, let cool on the stovetop, and then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Net carbs per serving: 1.3g
- Storage: Store the mixed berry chia jam in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezing: This chia jam freezes very well. Let cool completely and then freeze for up to 3 months.
- Sweetener: This recipe calls for 1 cup of sweetener to make this low carb jam. If you are not using raspberries and are using all sweeter berries like strawberries and blackberries, I recommend cutting the sweetener amount in half.
- Add-ins: This chia seed jam is also great with a couple teaspoons of lemon or orange zest. It adds an extra burst of citrus flavor. You can also add a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Lastly, you can add some warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg for a delicious fall flavored variation.
- Getting the taste and texture right: If your jam is too thin, add more chia seeds. If your jam is too tart, add a little more sweetener.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Condiment Recipes
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 13
- Fat: .3g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: .3g
Keywords: keto jam recipe, low carb jam, mixed berry jam, how to make chia jam, mixed berry chia seed jam, low carb mixed berry jam, low carb jelly, keto jelly, keto strawberry jam