These Double Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Muffins are rich and decadent, with the perfect amount of chocolate, sweetened with the delicious fall flavors of pumpkin spice. Best of all, they are low carb, gluten free, and can even be made dairy free.
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 20 drops liquid stevia (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granular monk fruit (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (get the recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips - optional (grab the brand I use here)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, butter, heavy cream. liquid stevia and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Make sure there are no visible clumps of baking powder.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing as you pour. Mix until it is smooth and there are no visible clumps.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin tin wells, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sticking a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before serving.
- net carbs per serving: 4.9g
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week.
- Make it dairy free: To make this recipe dairy free, simply substitute the heavy cream with almond milk or coconut milk and substitute the butter with coconut oil or my favorite butter flavored coconut oil.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 13.2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 6.5g
Keywords: gluten free muffin recipes, almond flour chocolate muffins, coconut flour muffins, pumpkin spice muffins, low carb chocolate muffins, keto pumpkin muffins, gluten free chocolate pumpkin mufins