These Lemon Feta Chicken Wings are bursting with vibrant flavors. They are marinated in olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper, and baked until they are perfectly crispy on the outside, while still being tender and juicy on the inside.
- 2.5 pounds chicken wings - flats and/or drumettes (I get my organic, pasture raised chicken here)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 6 or 7 tablespoons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, pepper, oregano, salt, and paprika. Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken wings and half of the marinade to a large bowl, toss to coat the wings and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Give the wings a good toss a couple times while they are marinating.
- After marinating the wings, remove them from the marinade and line them in a single layer across paper towels. Cover the top with paper towels as well, and using your hands, press into the chicken to absorb excess moisture. Let sit for 10 minutes and then line them again on a fresh layer of paper towels, repeating the process. You want them to be as dry as possible so that they crisp up in the oven.
- Place an oven rack in the middle-lower position and another rack in the middle-upper position. Preheat the oven to 250°F. Set a cooling rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the wings and baking powder in a mixing bowl and toss to coat the wings evenly.
- Spread the wings in a single layer across the cooling rack. Bake on the middle-lower oven rack for 25 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425°F and move the baking sheet to the middle-upper rack. Bake the wings for an additional 45 minutes, or until the skin is nice and crispy.
- Remove the wings from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Toss in the remaining marinade and sprinkle the feta and remaining parsley over top, before serving.
- Baking powder is the key to getting these wings super crispy and golden brown. I do not recommend omitting it.
- You can marinate the chicken for up to 6 hours, but because of the lemon juice in the recipe, I don't recommend going beyond that. It will change the texture of the chicken, making it tough and stringy.
- I highly recommend greasing the cooling rack before putting the wings on it. This will keep the wings from sticking and pulling off all the delicious crispy skin. I like to use a spray avocado oil for this.
- net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Greek
- Calories: 432
- Fat: 32.6g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 52g
Keywords: keto chicken wings, greek wings recipes, Crispy baked wings, lemon feta chicken wings, keto recipes, low carb appetizer recipes