- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb corned beef, chopped (I used pre-cooked corned beef from the deli counter)
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (I use this brand)
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Heat slow cooker on high setting.
- To a large sauté pan, over low-medium heat, add onion, celery, garlic and butter. Sauté until soft and translucent. Transfer to slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add corned beef, beef stock, sauerkraut, sea salt, caraway seed and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours.
- Add heavy cream and Swiss cheese and cook 1 additional hour.
Per Serving – Calories: 225 | Fat: 18.5g | Protein: 11.5g | Net Carbs: 4g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup