Creamy Cajun Sausage and Potato Soup - A quick and easy Whole30 compliant stovetop soup recipe that is loaded with perfectly balanced cajun flavors.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage links, sliced into rounds
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I use this brand) code peace for 15% off
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk (heavy cream if not Whole30/dairy free)
- sliced green onions, optional for garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven, or stock pot. Once hot, add the andouille sausage and cook until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- To the sausage drippings in the pan, add the onion, bell pepper, carrot, garlic, and all seasonings. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes to the pot, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the andouille back to the pot and stir in the coconut milk. Taste and add additional salt, if desired. Simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
net carbs per serving: 13.4g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 25.6g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 11.3g
Keywords: whole30 soup recipes, cajun soup, cajun sausage and potato soup, whole30 potato soup recipe, comfort food