1 large head of cauliflower
5 chives, chopped, extra for garnish
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons butter, extra for garnish
3 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce, or 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/2 cup sour cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Over medium-high heat, steam cauliflower in a covered pot in 1 to 2 inches of water. Steam until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the burner, drain the water and leave the cauliflower in the hot pot. This will help pull some of the excess moisture from the cauliflower. This step is crucial to not having soupy cauliflower mash.
- Once the excess liquid is gone and the cauliflower feels fairly dry, fork mash the cauliflower.
- Add the chives, Parmesan cheese, butter, horseradish, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash until all ingredients are well incorporated and the cauliflower is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with extra chives and butter before serving.
net carbs per serving: 4.3g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Steaming
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: low carb side dishes, keto cauliflower mash, low carb cauliflower mash, mashed potato substitutions, keto side dish recipes