Tender, juicy Chili Lime Flank Steak, seared to perfection and seasoned with smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and sea salt. Lightly sweetened with brown sugar erythritol and brightened up with fresh lime and cilantro, this is a classic summer grilling recipe that everyone will love.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar erythritol (get it here)
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of one lime
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds flank steak (I get all my meat here)
- lime wedges, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- grilled corn salsa, optional for serving (get the recipe here)
- guacamole, optional for serving (get the recipe here)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Place the flank steak on a rimmed baking sheet, or in a large casserole dish.
- Pour half of the marinade onto one side, pack it into the meat. Flip the meat over and do the same thing on the other side.
- Refrigerate and let marinate, for 6 hours up to overnight. Take the meat out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature before throwing it on the grill.
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat (450°F). Oil the grates.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill.
- Close the lid and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes on the other side, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 130 – 140°F. This will be medium rare – medium.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting it.
- Thinly slice the meat against the grain, and at a slight angle.
- net carbs per serving: 1.6g
- Marinating: I recommend marinating flank steak overnight if possible, at least for 6 hours in the fridge. This will make the flank steak really tender and juicy and will let all the delicious flavors soak into the meat.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Make it Whole30: omit the brown sugar erythritol to make this recipe Whole30 compliant. I recommend adding 1/4 cup coconut aminos to the marinade. This will add a bit of sweetness and give it more caramelization.
- Category: Beef Recipes
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: About 6 ounces of meat
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 15.7g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 32.6g
Keywords: chili lime flank steak, how do you cook flank steak, flank steak recipe, keto carne asada, low carb steak recipes, Keto Mexican recipes