This Keto Chicken Dijon with Mushrooms and Artichokes is the perfect budget friendly dinner. Juicy chicken breast, with a creamy mustard sauce, briny artichokes and tender mushrooms. With minimal ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare, it is perfect for those busy weeknights or even for meal prep.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tender sized pieces (I get my organic, pasture raised chicken here)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 can of quartered artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules (get it here)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- a few sprigs Italian flat feaf parsley, chopped
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sear until it is golden brown on both sides
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside (chicken may not be fully cooked at this stage)
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock and use a rubber spatula to scrape off and mix in any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- To the chicken stock, mix in the bouillon granules and tarragon until dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, mushrooms and artichokes and bring to a bowl, then reduce to simmer. Let simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced by 1/2 and thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and let simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- net carbs per serving: 4.2g
- I often use cream, cheese, and reduction to thicken my sauces. Heavy cream and cheese will add some body to the sauce, and then a long sauté to reduce the sauce will further thicken it.
- To make this dairy free, substitute full fat coconut milk for the heavy cream and omit the parmesan cheese. To maintain that Parmesan cheese flavor, you can add a little nutritional yeast.
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 542
- Fat: 37.6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 42.3g
Keywords: Keto chicken dijon, chicken with creamy mustard, low carb dijon chicken, Keto Dijon chicken, skillet mustard chicken, one pot keto recipes, easy chicken recipes