This warm and comforting Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. It has all the traditional flavors of cordon bleu with juicy chicken, salty ham, and melty Swiss cheese, but paired with the hearty goodness of mushrooms, onion, garlic, and cauliflower - finished with a rich tarragon cream sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. Best of all, it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed (I get my organic, pastured chicken here)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed (but left whole)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 12 ounces ham steak, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in the butter. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, add the ham, onion and mushrooms to pan. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until the onions are translucent and soft.
- At the same time, steam the head of cauliflower in the chicken stock , in a covered sauce pot over high heat. Steam until the cauliflower is fork tender. Drain the chicken stock from the pan. Leave the cauliflower in the hot pan, but remove the pan from the heat. This will allow some of the excess moisture to continue to evaporate from the cauliflower. Once nearly all of the liquid is evaporated, fork mash the cauliflower.
- In medium sauce pot, combine the heavy cream, garlic, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, 2 slices Swiss cheese, tarragon and salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by 1/3 and is thick.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish, combine the mashed cauliflower, meat mixture and sauce. Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, cover the top with remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until the Parmesan cheese on top is golden brown and has formed a crust.
- Garnish with parsley
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Casserole Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Swiss
- Serving Size: 1/8th of the casserole
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 7 net grams
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: keto chicken cordon bleu, cordon bleu casserole, low carb casserole recipes, keto chicken recipes, low carb hot dish, keto casseroles, easy weeknight meals