This Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole is the ultimate in comfort food. A quick and easy keto casserole that is loaded with flavor. Juicy chicken breast, seasoned to perfection, tossed in salsa verde and sour cream, topped with cheese and then baked until golden brown and bubbly, and topped with pico de Gallo, avocado, and cilantro. (low carb, keto, gluten free)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-sized pieces (I get my organic, free-range chicken here)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups salsa verde, store-bought or (my recipe here)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- Torn fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken, ¾ cup of the mozzarella, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, ¾ cup of the salsa verde, sour cream, salt, chili powder, cumin, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the salsa Verde into a 2-quart casserole dish. Pour the chicken mixture on top and spread it out in an even layer. Top with the remaining salsa Verde, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the casserole in bubbling and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Top with avocado, pico de gallo and cilantro.
- Net carbs per serving: 4g
- Make Ahead: This Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole can be assembled ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to be baked.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Casserole Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: keto casserole recipes, chicken casseroles, easy keto casserole recipes, low carb casseroles, gluten free casserole, low carb casserole recipes, cheeses salsa verde chicken casserole