- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) Code Peaceloveandlowcarb for 15% off
- (4) 8 ounce steaks, cut of your choice (I get my meat here)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for paleo or Whole30
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (I use this brand)
- ¼ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard or dijon mustard
- In a large skillet or grill pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the steaks on both sides with a little sea salt and black pepper. Sear the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they have reached desired level of doneness. Remove the steaks from the pan, and place on a plate covered with foil while you make the sauce. Alternately you can hold the steaks in the oven on low.
- To the skillet, add the shallots and butter and sauté until the shallots are soft and translucent. Add the balsamic vinegar, beef broth, and mustard to pan. Use a rubber spatula to scrape any bits of steak from the bottom of the pan and mix into sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over top of the steaks before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan-seared
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 490
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 4g net
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: steak recipe, pan sauce, keto steak recipes, how to make pan sauce, keto recipes, low carb recipes