What is better than eating a juicy cheeseburger or a fresh, hot slice of pizza? Combining the two of course! This Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe checks both of those boxes. Low carb and gluten free pizza crust, topped with homemade pizza sauce, a mix of cheeses, perfectly seasoned ground beef, crispy bacon, onions, garlic, tomatoes and even pickles. Yes! Pickles on pizza. Just trust me on this one.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Toppings
- 1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce (get the recipe here)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 2.5 oz)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 15 dill pickles slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combination of sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add egg, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. (It will be stiff and hard to mix)
- Line a 12 inch pizza pan with parchment paper. Spread the "dough" into a thin but even layer, covering the pizza pan. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Watch it to make sure that it does not bubble up. Use a toothpick to pop any bubbles, if necessary.
For the Toppings
- Mix the low carb pizza sauce with the yellow mustard and set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté until the ground beef is cooked through and the onions are soft. Drain any excess grease.
Putting it all together
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the pizza crust.
- Top with half of these cheese.
- Pile on ground beef mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese, crumbled bacon and pickle slices
- Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- net carbs per slice: 6g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this bacon cheeseburger pizza in oven or the air fryer.
- Make ahead: You can make the fathead pizza dough ahead of time and either keep it in the fridge overnight or freeze it. If you are going to freeze it, you will want to make sure that you have shaped the dough into a pizza crust first.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pizza Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 411
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: bacon cheeseburger pizza, hamburger pizza, keto pizza recipes, low carb pizza recipes, gluten free pizza crust, fathead pizza dough, keto cheeseburger pizza, pickle pizza