The molasses in this recipe is option, but it truly does enhance the flavor. Even better yet, this recipe still only comes in at 3.6 net carbs per serving with the molasses included.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Trim the rind off the ham, leaving the fat layer in tact.
- Score the fat in a criss-cross pattern, cutting deeply into the fat, but not through to the flesh beneath.
- Place the ham into a baking tray and add the water to the bottom. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the ham is in the oven, heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat and add the sweetener, butter, sweetener, molasses, dijon, and spices. Stir constantly until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Brush 1/3 of the glaze over the ham and return to the oven, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Brush on another 1/3 of the glaze and return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Brush on the remaining 1/3 of the glaze and cook for a final 15 minutes.
- After removing the ham for the over the final time, rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
net carbs per serving: 3.6g
- Calories: 708
- Fat: 41.8g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 79g
Keywords: keto ham recipes, how to cook a whole ham, low carb thanksgiving recipes, keto easter recipes, left over ham recipes, low carb ham recipes