A super easy ribeye roast recipe that you can prep quickly any day of the week. This smoked ribeye roast is seasoned perfectly: juicy and tender on the inside with a smoky caramelized crust on the outside.
For the roast:
For the rub:
- Trim the excess fat off the top of your roast (optional) and season generously all over with sea salt. If you have time to prepare the meat in advance, I recommend letting it sit in the fridge, salted, for 24 hours. If not, no worries. It will still be delicious.
- Preheat the smoker on the low setting (180°F) If you are using a Rec Tec RT700, we used the Xtreme Smoke setting.
- While your smoker is coming to temperature, heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once your pan is hot, sear the roast on all sides, until it is caramelized and a nice crust has formed.
- Transfer it to a plate or a cutting board to cool.
- While the meat is cooling, mix up the spice rub.
- Coat the meat liberally on all sides in the spice rub.
- Transfer the roast to the smoker, placing it directly on the grill grates.
- Smoke until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (for medium rare)
- Once it reaches the desired internal temperature, remove it from the smoker, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 30 minutes before slicing into it.
- net carbs per serving: 0.8g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
- Category: Beef Recipes
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 50.2g
Keywords: smoker recipes, how to cook ribeye roast, rec tec rt700, low carb roast recipe, keto beef recipes