These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Cheese Sauce are the ultimate in low carb comfort food side dishes. Perfectly seasoned cauliflower, roasted until it is tender, with crispy edges, then topped with a rich and creamy cheese sauce, bacon, and green onions.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the cauliflower into 6 equal slices or “steaks,” slicing from the top down through to the core. Place the cauliflower steaks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower steaks for 15 minutes, then flip and roast for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until fork-tender and browned on the edges.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the sauce: Place the heavy cream, cheddar cheese, garlic, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the cheese has melted and the ingredients are well incorporated, then reduce the heat to low and stir occasionally while the cauliflower finishes roasting.
- Top the cauliflower steaks with the cheese sauce, bacon, and green onions before serving.
- net carbs per serving: 5.1g
- Storage: I recommend storing the leftover cauliflower steaks and keto cheese sauce separately. That way, when you reheat the cauliflower, you can crisp it back up.
- Spice it Up: Kick things up a notch and add some more hot sauce to the cheese sauce to make.
- Make it vegetarian: Skip the bacon on these roasted cauliflower steaks to make this the perfect vegetarian keto side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: keto cheese sauce, roasted cauliflower recipe, keto cauliflower recipes, low carb cauliflower steaks, low carb cheese sauce, cheesy bacon sauce, low carb sauce recipes, keto side dishes, low carb side dishes, vegetarian side dish recipes