This Pesto Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is simple to make and loaded with flavor. Tender portobello mushrooms, stuffed with juicy shredded chicken, pesto, roasted red peppers, garlic, red onion, and mozzarella cheese, and roasted until golden brown and bubbly, then topped with parmesan, pesto, and fresh basil.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- sea salt and black pepper
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup pesto, more for garnish
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 4 basil leaves, chiffonade, for garnish
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat. (Keep these pieces)
- Remove the gills and brush the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Chop the mushroom stem and cap pieces that were trimmed in the first step.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped mushroom pieces, chicken, pesto, roasted red pepper, onion, garlic, and ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mushroom caps. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 7 minutes more at 400°F. Then broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Drizzle a little pesto over top of each mushroom. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and red pepper flakes before serving.
- Net carbs per serving: 5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating these in the oven or in an air fryer. It will make the cheese nice and crispy on top.
- Make ahead: You can cut back on the prep time by either preparing the mushrooms or the stuffing mixture ahead of time. Better yet, prep both ahead of time and pop them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- Change up the protein: These pesto chicken stuffed portobello mushrooms are also delicious made with turkey, pork, or even shrimp.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 Stuffed Mushroom
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: chicken stuffed mushrooms, pesto chicken recipes, keto chicken recipes, pesto chicken stuffed portobellos, stuffed portobello recipes, keto stuffed mushroom recipes, low carb stuffed mushroom recipes