These Lemon Thyme Pork Chops are a quick and easy one pot keto meal. The drippings from the pork, combined with butter, chicken stock, fresh lemons, shallots, seasoning and thyme come together to form a rich and delicious pan sauce. It makes for an excellent keto gravy. This is delicious served with creamy cauliflower mash and roasted brussels sprouts. Best of all, it can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 pounds pork chops (4 total) (I get all my pork here)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Season the pork chops generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the pork chops and sear on both sides until golden brown and a slight crust has formed.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan, cover and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooking sherry to the pan and deglaze, scraping up and mixing in any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme sprigs, and lemon slices to the pan. Bring to a bowl, and then reduce the heat to low to simmer. Let simmer until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add the butter to the pan and swirl it with a spatula to melt it into the sauce.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan and cook until they have finished cooking all the way through. If you have trouble telling when pork is finished, I recommend using a meat thermometer. Pork is fully cooked once it has reached an internal temperature of 145°F.
- net carbs per serving:
- Category: Pork Dishes
- Method: Pan-seared
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
Keywords: pork recipes, keto pork chops, pan sauce, pan gravy, low carb pork chop recipes, gluten free dinner recipes