- 4 large, bone-in pork steaks (about 2 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning (I use this brand) code PEACE for 15% off
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, ghee, or butter flavored coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code peaceloveandlowcarb for 15% off
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Season the pork steaks on both sides with lemon pepper seasoning and sea salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Pan-sear the pork steaks until they are cooked all the way through and browned on both sides. Remove from the pan, cover and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Use a rubber spatula to scrape any remaining bits of pork from the bottom of the pan and mix into the sauce.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft and the garlic is fragrant. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock and the lemon slices to the pan. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the pork steaks to the pan and sauté for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, while basting the steaks with the pan sauce.
5g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 483
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 50g