- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pork rinds, divided (get them here)
- 2 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos (get it here)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- oil for frying (I like avocado oil or coconut oil)
- Lime wedges for serving
- Place all of the ingredients (minus 1 cup of the pork rinds) into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Using wet hands or a large spoon, form the mixture into 12 even sized balls and place onto a parchment paper lined tray. The mixture will be wet and sticky. This is normal
- Spread the remaining 1 cup of pork rinds into a shallow bowl. Coat each ball of shrimp paste in the crushed pork rinds.
- Once well coated, press between your hands, forming a patty. Repeat this process with all of the balls of shrimp paste.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a dutch oven or sauce pan until very hot.
- Place the patties into the hot oil, 2 to 4 at a time. Fry for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
net carbs per serving: 3g
- Serving Size: 3 shrimp cakes
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: keto shrimp cakes, low carb fish cakes, gluten free shrimp cakes, keto asian recipes, gluten free asian recipes, low carb recipes, keto recipes, paleo recipes