This hearty and delicious Keto Taco Soup Recipe is pure comfort in a bowl. Made with sauteed onions and garlic, browned ground beef and warm spices, this low carb soup is simmered to perfection in a creamy broth made with beef stock, cream cheese, heavy cream, diced tomatoes and green chilies. Finished with garnishes of cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and fresh cilantro. Best of all, it can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small to medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, cut into chunks
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, for garnish
- 1 small tomato diced, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
- Torn fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until the onions are tender and the garlic is translucent.
- To the pot, add the ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder, and cook until the beef is browned. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add the cream cheese to the meat and cook until the cream cheese is completely mixed in with the meat and no little white bits remain.
- Add the diced tomatoes and green chilis and the beef stock. Increase the heat to high and bring to a slow boil. Then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish each bowl with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro before serving.
- Net carbs per serving: 2g
- Storage: Store leftover keto taco soup in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this creamy taco soup on the stovetop and adding a little extra cream and beef stock to help bring it back to life.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Soup Recipes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: keto taco soup, low carb taco soup, creamy taco soup, taco soup with ground beef, ground beef soup recipes, one pot soup recipes, the best taco soup recipe, low carb soup recipes, keto soup recipes, stovetop soup recipes