This Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus Recipe is the perfect quick and easy keto side dish recipe. It pairs perfectly with just about any protein. Tender asparagus, tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, roasted and then topped with smoked cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. (low carb, gluten free, keto)
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup smoked white cheddar cheese
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer across a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over top of the asparagus. Sprinkle over the salt, and minced garlic. Toss to evenly coat the asparagus spears and then spread them back out in a nice even single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until they just start to get tender but are still a vibrant green.
- Remove from the oven and top with the mozzarella and smoked cheddar cheese.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil high and broil until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh cracked black pepper before serving. Taste, and add more salt, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: keto side dishes, low carb side dishes, keto asparagus recipes, low carb asparagus recipes, cheesy asparagus recipes, how to cook asparagus