When I was young, nothing warmed me up on a cold day quite like a piping hot bowl of vegetable beef barley soup. When I made this recipe, that fondness was what I was trying to capture and put out in a low carb version. The addition of quinoa in place of barley still gives it a similar texture while drastically reducing the carb count. This is such a comforting soup on a cold winter day. If you are are a huge soup fan like me, then I have just the thing for you. Check out my Slow Cooker Soups and Stews Ebook.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb soup and stew recipes:
- Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Creamy Reuben Soup
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chili
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Low Carb Vegetable Beef Quinoa Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 14 Servings 1x
- 1 1/2 lbs of beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, sear the beef in olive oil until browned on both sides. Add the seared beef to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add beef stock, green beans, celery, carrot, onion, tomato, garlic, quinoa, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
Per Serving – Calories: 125 | Fat: 5.5g | Protein: 10g | Net Carbs: 8g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup