Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is the perfect quick and easy one pot meal. Juicy ground pork, hearty cabbage, onion, garlic and ginger, sautéed with toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, topped with green onions, sesame seeds and sriracha. Best if all it can be ready in less than 30 minutes. Take it to the next level by serving it with Keto Yum Yum Sauce
This recipe is from my book Craveable Keto . It has over 150 low carb, keto and gluten free recipes and over 100 pages of resources. It contains everything you need to find ease and success with keto.
Ingredients in Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Ground pork - This keto egg roll in a bowl recipe is made with ground pork, but it is also excellent with ground beef, ground sausage, ground turkey, or a combination of any of ground meats.
- Soy sauce - If you don't eat soy, coconut aminos is a great substitute for this pork egg roll in a bowl.
- Sriracha - This adds the perfect amount of heat. While sriracha really adds something special to this dish, it is still fantastic without it.
- Rice vinegar - make sure to use unseasoned rice vinegar to keep keto-friendly and sugar free. Seasoned rice vinegar has sugar added.
- Toasted sesame oil - this imparts a slight nuttiness to the flavor of the dish.
- Ground ginger: You can also use a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger.
How to make the best Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe
Step by step instructions
STEP 1: Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
STEP 2: Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions.
STEP 3: Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
STEP 4: Add the ground pork, ginger, salt, pepper and Sriracha.
STEP 5: Sauté the pork until it is cooked through.
STEP 6: Stir in the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
STEP 7: Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
STEP 8: Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftover pork egg roll in a bowl in the fridge for up to 5 days. (These are my favorite storage and meal prep containers)
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this in the microwave, or in a pan on the stove top.
- Use broccoli slaw: This is also delicious with broccoli slaw in place of the coleslaw.
- Add noodles: Serve it with these Sesame Ginger Noodles, or just cook up some shirataki noodles in soy sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha.
- Serve it on rice: If you are not concerned with the carb count, this is delicious served on top of white rice. For a low carb rice option, serve it on top of this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
TRY THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE
Lose weight, reduce inflammation, increase energy, and just feel all around awesome! If you need help getting started on keto, or you feel like you've gotten off course, then this is for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
You wouldn't believe how often I get this question. This recipe is meant to be like a deconstructed egg roll. Egg rolls do not typically have eggs in them. However, this recipe is awesome with a yolky fried egg on top, or scrambled eggs mixed in.
With one simple swap, this recipe can be made whole30 compliant. Simply use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
This recipe is also delicious with broccoli slaw, Shirataki noodles, a mix of coleslaw and broccoli slaw, chopped broccoli, cauliflower rice, or even a medley of your favorite vegetables.
You can use any ground meat you prefer - ground sausage, ground beef, ground chicken, and ground turkey are all excellent choices.
Other keto recipes you might enjoy
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is the perfect quick and easy one pot meal. Juicy ground pork, hearty cabbage, onion, garlic and ginger, sautéed with toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, topped with green onions, sesame seeds and sriracha. Best if all it can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (get it here)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
- 1 pound ground pork (I get my pastured, organic, and grass-fed meat here)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or garlic chili sauce, more to taste
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix (green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots)
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos (get it here)
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar (get it here)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Keto Yum Yum Sauce, for serving
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ginger, salt, pepper and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
- net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: One Pot Meals
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: keto egg roll in a bowl, crack slaw recipes, whole30 compliant egg roll in a bowl, pork egg roll in a bowl, keto recipes, whole30 recipes
Love all your recipes!
Just made this recipe! Loved it! Added a bit more garlic chili sauce. Will make this recipe often.
I used some pulled pork (unseasoned) we happened to have instead of ground pork and it was great! We didn't add the sesame seeds or the yum yum sauce at all. I definitely plan to make this again! 😋
Love this recipe! Saved out some of the coleslaw mix and topped each serving with it for some added crunch.
Sue Clairmont says
Made @Kyndra's Eggroll in a Bowl for dinner again tonight. She understands how to build a recipe that hits all of our flavor receptors! Every ingredient plays a crucial role. This meal is always a winner with my family.
I fill an empty Sriracha bottle with @Kyndra's Keto Yum Yum Sauce to drizzle on this and so many other dishes. I garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning in place of the toasted sesame seeds and some diced avocado which adds a luscious finish to the presentation. Thank you, Kyndra, for another quick, easy, delicious, and economical Keto meal.
This is our absolute favorite recipe and I also make the yum yum sauce....it is perfect. Last time we had an egg on top which was also amazing....terrific recipe♥♥♥
I loved this. Actually used ground beef and broccoli slaw. Also added water chestnuts (I know, not crazy low carb) and it was all delicious! I will definitely make it again.
Can you freeze this?